Last updated: 4/14/2020
It’s a bit hard to figure out what services T-Mobile does and doesn’t prioritize. On this page, I list my best guesses based on what I found digging through T-Mobile’s policies. I’m not confident all of my guesses are accurate.
- Most postpaid plans (on-device use)
- Most T-Mobile-branded prepaid plans (on-device use, excluding Metro by T-Mobile plans)
- Mobile hotspot and tethering
- T-Mobile Essentials plans
- T-Mobile home internet
- Metro by T-Mobile
- Most MVNOs using the T-Mobile network
- Use beyond 50GBs per month on normally prioritized plans1
Relevant excerpts from T-Mobile’s website
From an FAQ entry on prioritization:2
- These services appear to be even lower priority than the other deprioritized services.
- Excerpt text from 6/16/2019 (archived here). Note that this excerpt seems to suggest there are more than two levels of prioritization—contrary to a view I’ve maintained in the past.
- The excerpt came from the plans web page on 6/16/2019.
- Accessed on 6/16/2019 and archived here.