Taxes and fees with Verizon can be estimated using the company’s Tax and Surcharge Estimator.
Since taxes and fees vary by location, you’ll need to give Verizon’s tool your address. Some taxes and fees will be assessed as a flat, dollar amount. Other charges will be assessed as a percentage of your bill (or a portion of your bill).1
Below, I shared the charges Verizon’s tool listed for me as a resident of Boulder, Colorado.
Verizon Wireless surcharges
- Administrative Charge – $1.78
- Regulatory Charge – $0.15
- Colorado High Cost Fund Surcharge – 2.0015%
- Federal Universal Service Charge – 5.6742%
Taxes, government surcharges, and fees
Taxes, government surcharges, and fees charged on a percentage basis came out to a total of 8.845% plus $0.81. That was composed of the following charges:
- Colorado state sales tax
- Boulder County sales tax
- Boulder city sales tax
- Special Purpose District taxes
- Boulder Country 911 surcharge
- Colorado telecom relay service surcharge