Mint Mobile is going to run a huge promotion this Sunday during the Superbowl. Once the game starts (around 3:15PM PST), new customers can go to mintmobile.com/free/ to get 3 months of service for free on Mint’s plan that includes unlimited minutes, unlimited texts, and 3GB of data per month. The promotion doesn’t appear to involve any serious catches. There’s no long-term commitment or device purchase required.
Those who take advantage of the promotion will need to give Mint a credit card number and temporarily pay a $0.01 charge. Here’s how Mint explains it:
It sounds like the promotion will last for something like 3-5 hours. Mint is suggesting that the promotion will end when the final whistle blows at the end of the Superbowl (though I won’t be shocked if the promotion stays available for a bit longer).
This promotion looks like an awesome deal for people who want to try Mint. I’ll be surprised if there end up being any unexpected catches or gotchas.
Here are some more details about the terms of the promotion.
- Only one person per household may take advantage of the promotion.
- Service must be activated within 45 days.
- As usual, Mint will allow subscribers to port existing numbers or receive new numbers.
- As with Mint’s other plans, if you use up your 3GB data allotment, you can continue using additional data at very slow speeds.
- If you want more than 3GB of high-speed data, you can upgrade by paying the prorated difference between the 3GB plan’s price and the price of a plan with a larger data allowance.
- After the 3 free months are over, you can purchase further service according to Mint’s standard plans and prices.
Actor Ryan Reynolds, an owner of Mint Mobile, tweeted about the promotion earlier today: